Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

The SEC Marines Project (East Division)

I went to the University of Georgia, which plays in the NCAA's Southeastern Conference, or SEC. Years ago, I wanted to paint a Space Marine representing Georgia's colors and "G" symbol. My wife, who went to fellow SEC school Florida, also wanted a Marine of her team. Then it hit me, why not do the entire conference, put them on a single base and have something to put by the TV come football season? I finished them several years ago but had to go back and revisit the project when the SEC added two teams a couple years ago. So, here's the first of two looks at my SEC Marines, featuring the teams of the Eastern Conference:

Georgia (note Georgia Tech-colored Tyranid):

Florida (sporting a garnet-and-gold helmet from hated Florida State):

Tennessee:

Missouri:

South Carolina:

Kentucky:

Vanderbilt:


No comments:

Post a Comment